Thursday 3 February 2011

Totally Exposed

When I turned twenty I promised myself that I would make the most of the next 10 years.  And I stuck to that plan, I had a great decade, lots of fun, lots of holidays, lots of evenings out, I had a ball.  The highlight has to be getting married and having my first baby at 29.
Then I hit thirty.  3650 days after setting my first ‘goal’ I realised that although I had done exactly what I had set out to do, make the most of my life, I actually had nothing to show for it.  I have to admit my daughter has been my biggest trigger for change.  My next 10 year plan looks very different, call it growing up, call it having a true focus, call it daydreaming, but I’m about to tell you all what my life is going to look like when I turn forty. 
Professional
I will be a nationally recognised Life Coach.  I will be running three weekend workshops per year, touching the lives of hundreds of other women and making sure that they are all living the fulfilled life they deserve.  Keen Coaching will be a national affair, The Boot Room will be running in at least five counties and I will be affiliated with a network of Life Coaches all working to the same vision. 
Health (incorporating contribution to community)
I will have an active lifestyle.  Loving the outdoors I will be joining walking groups and fundraising for various women related charities by embarking on treks.  I will have completed three treks in three countries for charity.
Recreation
I will have a flying licence and I will own my own microlight.
Relationships
I’ll still be (happily) married to my husband and somewhere in between all of the above we will have snuck in another baby.  I will hold a huge birthday bash inviting all the friends I have made over the years and those who I have yet to meet. 
So there you have it, a sneaky peak at my life 10 years from now.  There are statistics flying around that if you set a goal you’ve 10% chance of achieving it, if you write it down you’ve got 50% chance of achieving it and if you tell somebody you’ve got 80% chance of achieving it.
I’m not dismissing the fact that some people feel uncomfortable telling people their life goals for a myriad of reasons, usually fear (Next week I'm going to introduce you to my friend fear and her sister excitement).  Try thinking of it this way if you don’t tell anybody your goals there’ll be nobody to cheer you on or help you along the way and who’s going to celebrate with you when you hit them?
So, now I've metaphorically dropped my pants in public what’s stopping you from going and telling somebody your goals, dreams and ambitions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment